• Skins Season 6

  • Skins Season 5

  • Generation 1

  • Generation 2

  • Interviews/Shoots

  • Skins Actors News

  • Skins Movie

Lily Loveless - Carbonmade Scans

Thanks to LilyandKatfans we have some new stuff about Lily Loveless. You can take a look to some scans from CarbonMade, an online portfolio.

Here is the interview that you can find there!


"The Teen drama, and BAFTA awards winning series. Skins, has become a worldwide phenomenon. Premiering in the UK in 2007, the controversial program focuses on a group of sixth form teenagers growing up in Bristol and exploring issues such as sexuality, teenage pregnancy, substance abuse and family problems.

Most of the actors in the program were unknown before the series began but it has launched the careers of several talented teenagers, including Lily Loveless. Lily, who made her acting debut in the third series of Skins, playing the sexuality confused, outspoken political activist, Naomi Campbell, sat down with us to talk about what it was like being a part of Skins, and suddenly becoming a celebrity



I: Tell us a little bit about your character, Naomi.
L: Naomi is an independent young woman who thinks she knows exactly who she is. She´s one of those people who thinks the world doesn´t really match up to her standards. She gets pursued by the character of Emily (played by Kathryn Prescott), who has a big crush on her and Naomi has never thought that she´s gay so she has to question herself and who she is. It´s something she thought she would never have to do because she thought she knew exactly who she was and where she was going, so her vulnerable side comes out, and her way of dealing with it is pushing people away. She´s quite closed, she has a wall around her.

I: Are you anything like your character Naomi in any way?
L: I think I am a bit. I mean I have to be, to have got the part. But I think I´m a lot nicer then she is. I think it would take a lot of effort to befriend her, and get to know her. Whereas I am much more easy going and I don´t have as high standards about everything and everyone.

I: As Skins is aimed at teenagers and older teenagers, how well do you think it reflects everyday teen life?
L: It´s written by young writers, who are writing about their own experiences a lot of the time but of course it has to be heightened for the sake of entertainment, otherwise watching it would be boring. So I wouldn´t say it reflects teenage life, but I´d say parts of it are definitely relatable, more so than a lot of other programs.

I: Your character is faced with a big sexuality dilemma. What was your initial reaction and how did you feel about having to play a lesbian?
L: It´s weird kissing anyone on-screen. It anything, it was better doing it with a girl because are more similar and you´re more squeamish and embarrassed about it. Whereas if you do it with a boy their really up for it and they don´t care. I had to kiss Jack who plays Cook, and he´s like my brother, so that was just as weird as kissing Kat. It´s just kissing anyone on-screen that you´re not attracted to and that you´re not with is a weird thing to do whether they are a boy o a girl.

I: So from Skins, who have you stayed friends with for life and who do you still talk to outside of filming?
L: I still talk to everyone. It´s quite hard to see people who don´t live in London. So I mainly see the people who are still in London, like the twins (Megan and Kathryn Prescott). I see them probably more than anyone else. I see Merv who plays Thomas quite a bit. But it´s quite difficult to see people like Jack (O´Connell) or Luke (Pasqualino). Luke is away in America right now, so I haven´t seen him in ages.



I: So as a cast, do you all get along, or is there any rivalry going on between the girls?
L: No. Amazing all the girls really get along. No one has any bitchy problems or anything, and you´d expect there to be wouldn´t you? That´s what I thought was going to happen, but it´s not like that at all. I think was more just thrown in at the deep end and we just had to get on. I mean we argue, but it´s like when you argue with your sister, you´re going to talk to them again two minutes later.

I: It must have been quite awkward when you started Skins because of the old cast like Kaya who have been there for longer. Was it intimidating?
L: Really! Because I used to watch the first series, and I really liked it, and I never thought there would be a new cast. So it was intimidating because we had to live up to them and so many people were going to watch it and be like “Why did they get rid of the old cast?”

I: Is there any element of the most recent series that you can relate to from any of the characters?
L: In Katie´s storyline, which is a really good storyline about her parents losing the house and they might break-up or they might not break-up. I think a lot of people can relate to that, when you hear your parents arguing and you wonder if they´re going to break-up or not. Just home life troubles with your parents and money; I though it was very relatable for me and a lot people.



I: Do you ever get noticed in the street or people stopping and asking for your autograph?
L: Yeah, it´s quite annoying actually – no I´m joking! Most people just shout at you from across the street, they just shout “Skins!” at you, and it´s like “No shit Sherlock”. I try not to get noticed because if you´re in a quiet restaurant and they say “You´re that girl from Skins!” everyone will turn around. So it can be annoying but it can be really nice. Some people will say they can really relate to my storyline and I’ve had some people say I´ve helped them come out as gay to their family. So on that side; it makes it all worth it.

I: Now Skins is coming to an end, how do you feel about not being on T.V. and the cast moving on?
L: Well we always knew it was going to happen because of the first cast so we were ready for it. It´s sad but we finished in November so I think back on it and I really enjoyed it but it is good that were moving because if they kept us on, I´d be too scared to leave.



I: So what do you have planned for the future? Is there anything you would like to audition for and is there a perfect role for you now that you´ve done Skins?
L: I´d like to do theatre because it´s like opposite of Skins. I think a lot of people in the industry are quite snobby towards Skins having not watched it and assuming it´s all about sex and drugs. I´d like to do any good drama and have a role that you really care about whether it´s a film or T.V.

I: Are you looking forward to summer?
L: I can´t wait. I need to go on holiday though I can´t plan anything though because if something comes up, it comes up suddenly and you have to cancel everything and do it."

Share On Facebook ! Share On Google Buzz ! Add To Del.icio.us ! Share On Digg ! Share On Reddit ! Share On LinkedIn ! Post To Blogger ! Share On StumbleUpon ! Share On Friend Feed ! Share On MySpace ! Share On Yahoo Buzz ! Get These Share Buttons ! Share On Google Reader ! Google Bookmark ! Send An Email ! Blog Feed !

edit post

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/hs428.ash2/71136_74674523093_7108076_q.jpg

About SkinsFansite

Hey guys, we´re so glad that you are here sharing your love for Skins. SkinsFansite is a project of Ana and João and we are very thankful for all of your support and love so far. SkinsFansite started in 2009 and is our wish to keep going for much more years. Our favourite generation is the first one and our favourite charaters are Cassie (Ana) and Chris (João). Keep visiting us and feel free to ask anything you want to our email contact@skinsfansite.com or to our Twitter username SkinsFansite. XXX