• Skins Season 6

  • Skins Season 5

  • Generation 1

  • Generation 2

  • Interviews/Shoots

  • Skins Actors News

  • Skins Movie

Skins season 5 Meet Alexander Arnold



More fresh stuff about season 5.This time we introduce you to Alexander Arnold.
This is an article from the Kentish Express.

And... who would say this is his character??? what a surprise... spoilers bellow!!!

Alex lands metalhead role in teenage drama

HIGHWORTH Grammar School pupil Alex Arnold is set to play a metalhead in the teenage TV drama Skins. 
Speaking exclusively to the Express, the 17-year-old from Kennington revealed his character, one of eight main characters in the show, is a heavy metal fan.

He said: “ My character is a metalhead. He’s pretty mixed up about how he feels. He doesn’t really believe in a compromise in any beliefs he has but there’s a girl he meets and it spins his world around a little bit. It’s a metal take on a love story.”
Although Alex managed to beat off competition from 8,000 other hopefuls to get the part on the popular E4 drama, he nearly opted out of the first audition in Camden in May because he was ill.

He said: “I had a virus that day and I nearly left the queue but my friends who had come with me to audition made me stay. I’ve watched the show and I’m a big fan so I saw it as a good opportunity. I was really surprised to get through all 10 auditions. I’m incredibly lucky to get the part.
“Quite a few of my friends knew I was auditioning but I don’t think any of them expected me to get this far. When I told them I’d been picked they were shocked but pleased for me.”
Alex has been involved with Ashford Youth Theatre, as well as the National Youth Theatre, and has been in several plays but this is his first role on television. After two months of being on set
in Bristol he said his first experience of filming for the small screen has been hard work.
“If we’re working from 7am until 8pm it can be quite tiring,”
However, the job has its perks and the teenager has already met former glamour model turned actress Kelly Brook, who is reportedly playing a fitness instructor in the show.
He said: “I’ve met Kelly but unfortunately I’m not filming with her. She’s a guest star in one episode. I just met her in the hotel, she’s a very beautiful lady. She was really friendly and smiley. She’s a very lovely person.” 

Although previous actors on the series like Nick Hoult and Dev Patel have gone on to become household names, Alex thinks it will be harder for the show’s fans to recognise him in real life. He said: “I actually wear a wig in the series so it’s going to be hard to spot me. I don’t know how it’s going to be received. I really hope the show does well, after all we make it for the fans.”

Share On Facebook ! Share On Google Buzz ! Add To Del.icio.us ! Share On Digg ! Share On Reddit ! Share On LinkedIn ! Post To Blogger ! Share On StumbleUpon ! Share On Friend Feed ! Share On MySpace ! Share On Yahoo Buzz ! Get These Share Buttons ! Share On Google Reader ! Google Bookmark ! Send An Email ! Blog Feed !

edit post

Labels: , , , ,

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/hs428.ash2/71136_74674523093_7108076_q.jpg

About SkinsFansite

Hey guys, we´re so glad that you are here sharing your love for Skins. SkinsFansite is a project of Ana and João and we are very thankful for all of your support and love so far. SkinsFansite started in 2009 and is our wish to keep going for much more years. Our favourite generation is the first one and our favourite charaters are Cassie (Ana) and Chris (João). Keep visiting us and feel free to ask anything you want to our email contact@skinsfansite.com or to our Twitter username SkinsFansite. XXX