• Skins Season 6

  • Skins Season 5

  • Generation 1

  • Generation 2

  • Interviews/Shoots

  • Skins Actors News

  • Skins Movie

Luke Tubetalk

Digital Spy made an interview to Luke about one month ago... i dont think we put it in here, so here it goes!
"Much like the rare discovery of a 'missing' Who episode on a dusty Betamax, today we're unearthing a hitherto unseen interview from our time in Monte Carlo. Say hello to Luke Pasqualino from Skins! We caught up with the Fellow Formerly Known As Freddie to chat Gang 2.0, Gang 3.0 and the upcoming movie spinoff."

Are you enjoying Monte Carlo?
"I'm loving it. Got here yesterday and I'm enjoying the weather which makes a nice change from living in England."

Have you been interviewed by many foreign journalists?
"Yes, I think you're the second British person I've had today."


What does the foreign audience think of Skins?
"They love it! They absolutely love it. It's a real phenomenon and I don't think it's like anything they've ever seen before. They're very involved and very interested. They have some really good questions."


What sort of things do they ask?
"A lot of it's about characters and what it was like playing a certain character or opposite a certain character. A lot of really character-based questions, which is really good."

Okay - we'll ask a character-based question then! When did you find out Freddie would be killed off?
"I found out about three weeks before we filmed it. My producer sat me down and said 'do you mind if I take you out for dinner tomorrow night?' and I said 'course you can.' Didn't quite know what he was on about so we went for the meal and he cut to the chase and goes 'episode seven is going to be your last episode because you're going to die in it.' I'm like 'Okay...' because I thought he was having me on at first - that's what he's like - then I found out he wasn't, obviously! Whether I liked it or not, it was going to happen so I thought 'make the most of it'. I enjoyed filming it and working with Hugo Speer, so it was good."

How did you react when you read the scripts?
"In the readthrough, everyone's faces looked over to me when it said 'The End' and I was like 'Wow!' It was our last ever readthrough as well. I was happy to see I would be ended in a way where I would be remembered, but I don't know if the audience felt the same way. There were some complaints apparently, but a lot of the time it's one of those things you can really brush under the carpet."

Was your final time together as a cast upsetting?
"It came overnight really - it was a bit of a shock. We had the last day of filming, the wrap party and then that was it, no more filming any more. It didn't hit me 'til about two weeks after, knowing I wasn't going to go back to a job any more."

Do you know much about the new cast?
"I know they've cast the new cast, or they're very close to finishing casting the new cast, and they'll probably start filming next month like we did. I'm open to it - I'll definitely watch it. I was given a chance two years ago and now it's time to give someone else a chance for another couple of years."

What are your thoughts on the Skins movie?
"I think it's a good idea. At the end of the day it's all about marketing the brand 'Skins' and the film would be the perfect way to do it. I know people would watch it. The only problem with that that I can think of is that the target audience is 14 upwards but, with the film being an 18 they wouldn't be able to watch it."

What's next for you?
"I've recently finished shooting a film in Berlin that Warner Brothers are making - I have a small part in that. I got to work with some really great people. That comes out next year. Apart from that I'm waiting for the next one!"


Additional reporting by Philippa Warr

Share On Facebook ! Share On Google Buzz ! Add To Del.icio.us ! Share On Digg ! Share On Reddit ! Share On LinkedIn ! Post To Blogger ! Share On StumbleUpon ! Share On Friend Feed ! Share On MySpace ! Share On Yahoo Buzz ! Get These Share Buttons ! Share On Google Reader ! Google Bookmark ! Send An Email ! Blog Feed !

edit post

Labels: , , , , ,

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/hs428.ash2/71136_74674523093_7108076_q.jpg

About SkinsFansite

Hey guys, we´re so glad that you are here sharing your love for Skins. SkinsFansite is a project of Ana and João and we are very thankful for all of your support and love so far. SkinsFansite started in 2009 and is our wish to keep going for much more years. Our favourite generation is the first one and our favourite charaters are Cassie (Ana) and Chris (João). Keep visiting us and feel free to ask anything you want to our email contact@skinsfansite.com or to our Twitter username SkinsFansite. XXX