• Skins Season 6

  • Skins Season 5

  • Generation 1

  • Generation 2

  • Interviews/Shoots

  • Skins Actors News

  • Skins Movie

Meet Sebastian - Sebastian rocks up for role in Skins


Well... let´s talk about season 5 of Skins... We don´t know, yet, nothing about the characters but the articles about the actors are starting to appear in the internet.

This time we introduce you to Sebastian de Souza. (the only one of the new cast that has twitter - Follow here).

This is an article from the Newbury Weekly News...
"A BOXFORD teenager has landeda role in the cult television series Skins.

Sebastian De Souza, aged 17, was picked from 8,000 hopefuls to join seven other young actors as the third generation of the teen drama , which follows them through two years of sixth form.

Sebastian said: “I feel very honoured to be given the opportunity.”

In July, he began the audition process for the BAFTA award-winning
Channel 4 show, after his agent put him forward for the role. Filming is now under way and will end in November and the eight-episode series will start in January.

He said: “My character was cast a week after everybody else. At the final audition, there are only usually about two people but there were five at mine.

“Because Skins is such a raw and realistic representation of being a teenager they expect you to come along and sort of be yourself.

“They cast you on who you are as a person. I’m not very similar to my character but I think there are qualities in me that I share with the character.”

Sebastian’s father, Chris De Souza, is a broadcaster and composer whichmeant he grew up with the arts and discovered his love of theatre at a young age.

He said: “I feel comfortable on stage – I think it’s possibly an inadequacy in myself that I feel more comfortable playing someone else.”

Sebastian will continue his education at St Edward’s School, Oxford, and he said that his acting job would get in the way of his A-level studies.

He added: “I have always cruised along in education but I want to prove to myself that I’m able to get really good grades and give a really good performance on television.

“I have prepared myself for the fact that things might change – I’m not particularly interested in the fame this might bring.

“I think things might change but I’m keen that they won’t change in my head, I will still be level-headed. “I feel so very grateful and I feel excited. I just hope the fans like it.”

Share On Facebook ! Share On Google Buzz ! Add To Del.icio.us ! Share On Digg ! Share On Reddit ! Share On LinkedIn ! Post To Blogger ! Share On StumbleUpon ! Share On Friend Feed ! Share On MySpace ! Share On Yahoo Buzz ! Get These Share Buttons ! Share On Google Reader ! Google Bookmark ! Send An Email ! Blog Feed !

edit post

Labels: , , ,

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/hs428.ash2/71136_74674523093_7108076_q.jpg

About SkinsFansite

Hey guys, we´re so glad that you are here sharing your love for Skins. SkinsFansite is a project of Ana and João and we are very thankful for all of your support and love so far. SkinsFansite started in 2009 and is our wish to keep going for much more years. Our favourite generation is the first one and our favourite charaters are Cassie (Ana) and Chris (João). Keep visiting us and feel free to ask anything you want to our email contact@skinsfansite.com or to our Twitter username SkinsFansite. XXX