• Skins Season 6

  • Skins Season 5

  • Generation 1

  • Generation 2

  • Interviews/Shoots

  • Skins Actors News

  • Skins Movie

Skins The novel extracts - Emily, Katie and Naomi


Ok here it goes the extract of Skins the Novel that E4 gave us today.
This one is with Emily, Katie and Naomi..

EMILY
Friday 7 August
Bonjour France Vacances! Resort, nr Bordeaux, France

‘Ooh, hello,’ said Katie loudly, tossing her hair like a frisky Shetland pony. ‘What do we have here?’

It was day four of our jolly family vacances but the first day here, at Butlins de la Mer. We’d stopped off at Cecile and Ed’s (friends of Mum’s and Dad’s) place in Lyon for a couple of days and Katie and I had done a pretty good job of avoiding each other. Helped by the fact that Cecile’s nineteen-year-old son Fabien had been shagging her in his bedroom most of the time. James isn’t much better company, but at least I can hit him whenever he opens his mouth.

So now Katie and I were tolerating a rare moment of occupying the same proximity, sitting on the mound of decorative rocks outside our chalet, watching a family arriving, climbing the steps up to theirs. A fit boy with dark curly hair and long brown limbs was carrying a lilo and a huge rucksack. Katie leaned back on her arms, pushing her legs into a position where they looked longer and thinner than they actually are.

The boy carried on up the steps. He didn’t seem to have heard her, didn’t even glance at her. Bad luck, Katie.

‘Hey,’ she said sharply. ‘Are you deaf and blind or something?’

He stopped, and looked down at her. ‘What?’

‘Forget it,’ said Katie, getting up and brushing grit off her arse. ‘Loser.’ She clambered haughtily down the rocks to the beach.

‘Charming.’ He looked at me, did a double take, and raised his eyebrows. ‘Jesus. There’s two of you?’

I laughed for the first time in about four days.

‘Ignore her,’ I said, extending my hand. ‘We are so not identical. My name’s Emily.’

‘Josh.’ He was luscious, I’d give him that. Katie’d totally blown it with her fucking hissy fit. He looked back at her, striding angrily across the sand.

‘Does your sister know she’s got her mini skirt tucked into her thong?’ he said.

I liked him already. ‘Oh, she knows all right,’ I said as my mother came out of our chalet, beaming like a hetero-seeking satellite. I stood up quickly. ‘Better go, maybe see you later.’ I skipped past Mum who was no doubt already planning her wedding outfit.

‘Definitely,’ said Josh. ‘Later Emily.’

‘So?’ said Mum as we all sat down for our dinner. ‘You’ve made a new friend then, sweetheart?’ Fair play to her, she’d managed to restrain herself for a whole hour while she was getting the food ready.

‘What? Who?’ I said, innocently. I ate a mouthful of lamb chop.

‘The boy. Josh is it? He’s very handsome.’

‘Oh, him.’ I reached across for the red wine to pour myself another glass. ‘Yes Mum, he’s really good-looking. I think Katie wants him, though. Right Katie?’

‘No way,’ Katie snarled, pushing her food round her plate. ‘Pretty boys like that are not my type.’

Like fuck they aren’t

‘Mine neither,’ I said, looking pointedly at Mum. ‘Obviously.’

Mum rolled her eyes and gave me a totally infuriating ‘We’ll see’ smirk.

‘Oh, you could do a lot worse,’ she said. ‘Both of you.’ She started collecting up the plates and carried them over to the kitchen counter. ‘Anyone for apple tart?’

Here we go.

Share On Facebook ! Share On Google Buzz ! Add To Del.icio.us ! Share On Digg ! Share On Reddit ! Share On LinkedIn ! Post To Blogger ! Share On StumbleUpon ! Share On Friend Feed ! Share On MySpace ! Share On Yahoo Buzz ! Get These Share Buttons ! Share On Google Reader ! Google Bookmark ! Send An Email ! Blog Feed !

edit post

Labels: , , ,

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/hs428.ash2/71136_74674523093_7108076_q.jpg

About SkinsFansite

Hey guys, we´re so glad that you are here sharing your love for Skins. SkinsFansite is a project of Ana and João and we are very thankful for all of your support and love so far. SkinsFansite started in 2009 and is our wish to keep going for much more years. Our favourite generation is the first one and our favourite charaters are Cassie (Ana) and Chris (João). Keep visiting us and feel free to ask anything you want to our email contact@skinsfansite.com or to our Twitter username SkinsFansite. XXX