• Skins Season 6

  • Skins Season 5

  • Generation 1

  • Generation 2

  • Interviews/Shoots

  • Skins Actors News

  • Skins Movie

Writing episode 5 of Skins - Freddie


I just loved this episode... Kaya and Luke did an amazing job with their scenes... The writer of "Freddie2 was Sean Buckley and here you can read a little bit of how it was to write 4x05 of Skins season 4.

"Sean Buckley – Writer of Episode 5

The highlight of working on my episode has probably got to be watching the shoot for the carnival where Freddie loses Effy. First time ever on a Skins set, I was so nervous that morning. The carnival lived in my head for some time before it was written, and then it was re-drafted to simplify and clarify the story route through the chaotic spectacle while keeping the sense of chaos right up there. In an early version the whole gang were present, Freddie intersecting different characters along his search for Effy. But it was too long, overly complex, sucking the energy of the chase away, so it was a case of stripping away what wasn’t at the heart of Freddie’s story at this point.

As I walked to the set that morning I could hear the samba drums echoing through the cobbled streets of Saint Nicholas's Market (where it was shot) and into the main parade of Bristol old town, where my heart matched the pace of the beats. And as I head  down the alley to the set, as the drumming pulsed louder and my heart bounced off my liver then shot up my throat and started trampolining on my tongue, I'm met by this explosion of a procession in a riot of costume advancing, dancing en masse to the beat, and I just glimpse in the background Freddie as he sees the back of Effy disappear away from him in the crowd, Esther (the fantastic director) shouts ‘cut!’ and I clap and grin, happier than the happiest seal on speed in captivity.

It’s mad how up til a few weeks before - a week even for final touches - this just existed on paper. It was then storyboarded, each shot drawn, which was like looking through a comic-book version of the scene. But to see that then burst into full 3-D…

What was really made clear to me, watching the crowd and the crew creating the Carnival was how painstakingly and brilliantly everyone has worked to realise the script. I just turned up, job done and just try not to get in the way, but it’s like I walked into some vivid dream magicked out of the ether or the mushrooms. The production team really do pull out the stops and go for it and I wanted to cry like a kid given eight ice-creams to hold at once."

Share On Facebook ! Share On Google Buzz ! Add To Del.icio.us ! Share On Digg ! Share On Reddit ! Share On LinkedIn ! Post To Blogger ! Share On StumbleUpon ! Share On Friend Feed ! Share On MySpace ! Share On Yahoo Buzz ! Get These Share Buttons ! Share On Google Reader ! Google Bookmark ! Send An Email ! Blog Feed !

edit post

Labels: , , , , , ,

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/hs428.ash2/71136_74674523093_7108076_q.jpg

About SkinsFansite

Hey guys, we´re so glad that you are here sharing your love for Skins. SkinsFansite is a project of Ana and João and we are very thankful for all of your support and love so far. SkinsFansite started in 2009 and is our wish to keep going for much more years. Our favourite generation is the first one and our favourite charaters are Cassie (Ana) and Chris (João). Keep visiting us and feel free to ask anything you want to our email contact@skinsfansite.com or to our Twitter username SkinsFansite. XXX