• Skins Season 6

  • Skins Season 5

  • Generation 1

  • Generation 2

  • Interviews/Shoots

  • Skins Actors News

  • Skins Movie

In the AfterEllen and AfterElton websites....

I saw so many people talking about this that i thought it would be great to put here in the website.... this is the recap of the Naomily´s history in the 4x08 episode - The last one...

All the credits goes to the AterEllen and the writter...


Well, another thing about gay characters... we already said here that Naomi and Emily were in the top 50 of lesbian and bi characters (Naomi 1º and emily 2º)... What we didn´t knew is that Maxxie Oliver is in the list of the top 50 of gay characters in the AfterElton website. Maxxie is in the 33 position...

Its good to know that Skins made a difference...

Now the recap:

"Skins" recap (4.08) Naomily, A History
Inside Fred's shed, the party has fizzled into a card game. Katie gets fabulously bitchy about why did she get dressed up for this crap, and Cook says something in that Bristol accent [update! I've been set straight. Cook's got a Derby(ish) accent] I still cannot understand, but will miss more than I can say.
JJ invites them to join the game — the ante is something shocking.
You can hear the rain when Naomi opens the door. She says she'll go first, and Emily turns to face her; her posture an unmistakable challenge. The space between them is the story between them, something Emily started telling long ago: "Once upon a time...
... We danced at a pajama party, and your eyes said more than all words I had read in my whole life. I kissed you there, once, twice. I kissed you again until the taste of you — mint and chocolate and pinot and you — drove me to delirium. And I knew and you knew I was the only person to ever get close enough to cherish it ... We made a picnic of vodka ... We made love by the lake ..."
Naomi knows the story, she knows it by heart. And it's true. It will never stop being true. But she slayed a dragon; she must retell it. And for a moment, she is incandescent.
Naomi: I've loved you from the first time I saw you; I think I was 12. It took me ... three years to pluck up the courage to speak to you. I was so scared of the way I felt; you know, loving a girl, that I became a sarcastic bitch just to make it feel normal. I screwed guys to make it go away, but it didn't work. When we got together it scared the sh-t out of me because you were the one person who could ruin my life.
Naomi: I pushed you away. I made you think things were your fault, but really I was just terrified of pain. I screwed that girl Sophia to kind of spite you for having that hold on me. And I'm a total f--king coward because I got these ... these tickets for us for Goa three months ago.
But I couldn't stand ... I didn't want to be a slave to the way I feel about you. Can you understand? You were trying to punish me back, and it's horrible. It's so horrible because, really, I would die for you. I love you. I love you so much it is killing me.

Later tonight, when Emily inventories Naomi's freckles and scars, she'll notice things she never saw before: gashes she missed, wounds she inflicted, remnants of a dragon that have miraculously healed. She's free again to caress Naomi's baby photos, free again to caress Naomi. She'll add laughter to their chalkboard, and love biscuits to their cupboard. But for now she closes the distance and kisses her; kisses her with all the tenderness and hope and mercy and desire that decorum will allow in a shed full of brigands.
The only story more powerful and ridiculous and wonderful than the story of love is the story of redemption.
They break their kiss and embrace, and maybe it's the moment, the scent of Emily's hair. Or maybe it's the dragon. As Naomi holds her close, she remembers how losing control feels like falling — but this doesn't feel like that at all. Falling with Emily Fitch feels exactly like dancing.
Naomi reaches for Emily's hand, steadies the prism. It burns. And it burns. They are alive like fire, and the retelling of their story:
You do not have to be good.
You do not have to walk on your knees
for a hundred miles through the desert, repenting.
You only have to let the soft animal of your body
love what it loves.

Share On Facebook ! Share On Google Buzz ! Add To Del.icio.us ! Share On Digg ! Share On Reddit ! Share On LinkedIn ! Post To Blogger ! Share On StumbleUpon ! Share On Friend Feed ! Share On MySpace ! Share On Yahoo Buzz ! Get These Share Buttons ! Share On Google Reader ! Google Bookmark ! Send An Email ! Blog Feed !

edit post

Labels: , , , , , ,

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/hs428.ash2/71136_74674523093_7108076_q.jpg

About SkinsFansite

Hey guys, we´re so glad that you are here sharing your love for Skins. SkinsFansite is a project of Ana and João and we are very thankful for all of your support and love so far. SkinsFansite started in 2009 and is our wish to keep going for much more years. Our favourite generation is the first one and our favourite charaters are Cassie (Ana) and Chris (João). Keep visiting us and feel free to ask anything you want to our email contact@skinsfansite.com or to our Twitter username SkinsFansite. XXX